News & Updates
News, information and updates
2022 Annual General Meeting
Notice of the 75th Annual General Meeting of the Pemberton Valley Dyking District, to be held on Thursday, July 14, 2022, 7:00 pm at the Pemberton Community Centre - 7390 Cottonwood Street, Pemberton, BC
You are invited to attend this event and will gain a great overview of what the PVDD does, see what projects have been completed and what projects are in progress.
The PVDD will be electing two Trustees to the Board for a 3-year term each.
Voter Eligibility: (ID must be presented)
Only persons attending the election and meeting the following eligibility requirements are entitled to vote:
- A Canadian Citizen.
- Eighteen years of age, or older.
- An owner of land within the Pemberton Valley Dyking District boundaries.
- A resident of the province of British Columbia for the prior six months.
- Legal representative of an owner of land within the Pemberton Valley Dyking District boundaries.
- Authorized agent of a corporation or board that owns land within the Pemberton Valley Dyking District boundaries. The authorized agent must deliver a letter in writing on company letterhead before the election begins. That authorized agent must sign a Statutory Declaration Form prior to voting.
- Every person who is qualified to be an elector is also qualified to be a Trustee.
- The spouse of a qualified elector may also hold the office of Trustee.
Monthly Board of Trustees Meetings
The monthly Board of Trustees meeting is held at the Pemberton Valley Dyking District office, at 7:00 pm every 3rd Thursday of each month unless otherwise posted. If you wish to address the Board of Trustees, please notify the office no later than Monday of that week, so that you can be added to the agenda.
Members of the public can attend Board of Trustees meetings electronically, but this must be arranged in advance by contacting the office.